The Mitchell Mega-Mix
Right, straight after I talked about David Mitchell’s key position as a non-genre writer, he writes his most genre work ever. So this is what his SF novel looks like to me:
- A Hot Spell: Nina Allan
- Myrrrh Is Mine: David Mitchell
- New Year’s Day: Mitchell again. Ah yes, the only good bit of the book is the one he repeats.
- The Wedding Bash: Iain Banks
- Crispin Hersey’s Lonely Planet: Adam Roberts (although he won’t thank me).
- An Horologist’s Labyrinth: Nick Harkaway
- Sheep’s Head: Ken MacLeod